Things to do in Edmundston
Explore the best this city has to offer and work your way through our list of the top things to do in Edmundston.
- New Brunswick Botanical Garden - This collection of over 80,000 plants makes up the largest arboretum east of Montreal. It features a variety of changing exhibits and displays, including thematic gardens which bloom during different times of the year. Tickets can be purchased at the entrance to the gardens and season passes are available.
- Le Fortin Du Petit-Sault - Originally built in 1841, this blockhouse was built by the British army as a look-out post for keeping watch for the American army. Now, it serves as a historic site, complete with guides and actors who help show visitors what was like during the height of its use. The accompanying views of the Madawaska and Saint John River valleys are breathtaking as well.
- Sentier du Prospecteur - Visit these walking trails for a variety of walks and hikes, of all different lengths and difficulties. For the nature lover in you, these are open all year round and can be accessed all over Edmundston.
- Antique Automobile Museum - Two stories of classic cars reside here, including one of only 2880 Bricklin cars that were manufactured right in New Brunswick. Spanning over a century of automobile manufacturing, this museum is a treat for car buffs.
- Université de Moncton - As the largest French-speaking university outside of Montreal, Moncton is home to French-speaking students from all over the world studying over 160 programs.
- Grey Rock Casino - Try your luck with over 100 video lottery machines as well as table games at this casino operated by the Madawaska Maliseet First Nation.
- Fraser Edmundston Golf Club - Enjoy a round of 9 or 18 holes at this Arthur Murray golf course, featuring challenging bunkers, water feature, and historic railroad track. The course received a four-star rating by Golf Digest in 2011 and is owned by the city of Edmundston.
- Mont Farlagne - Hit the slopes and spend the day skiing, snowboarding, or tubing at Mont Farlagne, located just 10 minutes from the hotel. The mountain has been in operation for over 40 years and features both day and night skiing options.
- Cinema V - Catch the latest blockbuster movies at this nearby multiplex theatre, which shows movies in both English and French.
- Vélo Edmundston - The Vélo Edmundston trail network is 15 mountain bike, running, walking, and snowshoeing trails. Enjoy 40 kilometres of adrenaline rush and 400 acres of natural fresh air just two minutes from downtown Edmundston, with trails described by Canadian Olympian Catherine Pendrel as the best in Atlantic Canada.